Why invest in PHINMA Energy?
The Company believes that it has a number of competitive strengths that will enhance and leverage its position in the Philippine energy industry.
- End to end energy partner — from resource development, to electricity supply, to
- empowering communities
- Vertically integrated power business allows the company to capture profit at various stages of the value chain
- Investments in oil, gas, petroleum, and geothermal upstream projects provide for potential multi-fold growth and upside potential
- Spin off allows dedicated focus on oil and gas exploration, to improve prospects for
- developments to fuel the power business
Diverse Power Portfolio
- Unique business model allows the company to participate in Retail Competition & Open Access (RCOA) to provide customized power solutions to its clients in a dynamic market environment
- Existing power plants under wholly owned subsidiaries: TAPCG 52MW, CIPP 21MW, and own Guimaras power plant 3.4 MW
- Access to additional supply through contracted capacities with SEM Calaca, One Subic Power Corporation, KEPCO SPC Power Corporation, and Vivant Sta. Clara Northern Renewables Corp. Maibarara Geothermal Inc.’s 20MW capacity adding to our supply portfolio.
- Awarded 40 MW strip from Unified Leyte Geothermal Power Plant (ULGPP)
- Awaiting clean coal energy from SLTEC via Circulating Fluidized Beds (CFB) Technology for 2 x 135MW capacity
- Wind Farm in San Lorenzo, Guimaras on schedule to provide 54MW capacity.
- Strategic partnerships provide for positive platforms for growth by leveraging the company’s expertise to create greater synergy and access to new markets and technologies
- Joint venture with AC Energy Holdings, South Luzon Thermal Energy Corporation (SLTEC) for 2 x 135MW clean coal power plant
- Joint Venture with PetroGreen Energy Corp and PNOC Renewables Corp, Maibarara Geothermal, Inc. (MGI) commenced operations in February 8, 2014, with TRANS-ASIA being the sole off-taker of 20MW Geothermal energy.
- Signed a memorandum of agreement with Basic Energy for participation in Mabini Geothermal Service contract
- Ongoing Service Contract partnerships with Otto and Frontier Oil to capitalize on best-in-class technologies
Well-positioned for Growth
- Third consecutive year of growth in positive earnings from the power business, with compounded annual growth rates of 86% for total energy sales and 16% for total capacity from 2011 to 2013
- Notable 164% increase in total energy sales and 35% increase in total capacity reported for 2013
- Anticipated 75% growth in capacity from 260 MW in 2013 to an aggregate potential capacity of 455 MW, from Maibarara Geothermal, Inc., Unified Leyte Geothermal Power Plant, and the first of two units for SLTEC, scheduled to come on-stream by 2014.
- Future capacity from ongoing projects include the second unit of SLTEC for an additional 135 MW in 2015, with TRANS-ASIA as sole off-taker of total plant capacity
- Completing the business model through purposeful deployment of capital expenditures into value-driven power projects
- Company enjoys relatively low levels of debt leaving room to fund additional expansion through debt financing
- Consistent track record in paying out dividends to its shareholders
- Participation in RCOA allows the company to access new customer segments and private contestable customers as well as publicly held distribution utilities
Experienced Board and Management
- Uncompromising commitment to deliver on our customer promise for security and reliability of power supply, as well as stability in prices
- Trusted partner owing to strong leadership and excellence-driven management with extensive experience in various areas of the power industry including academia, power generation, distribution, regulation, and resource development
- Managed by the PHINMA Group, a professional management firm committed to the highest ideals of integrity, patriotism, and nation building
- Echoes PHINMA’s commitment to make life better for Filipinos